"MOBIN" IS A BLOG THAT LOOKS AT AND CONSIDERS ALL THINGS RELEVANT TO HIPHOP CULTURE AND EVEN SOME THINGS THAT AREN'T. BECOME A MEMBER, WATCH OUR MOBECASTS (WHEN WE BROADCAST LIVE RAP FROM THE BALTIMORE STREETS). EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE, CRITICIZE OR GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT'S DUE, MOST OF ALL PARTICIPATE. OR, HAVE US COME TO YOUR BLOCK AND MOBE. SEE YOU IN THE STREET. -L.J. (410) 718-5554

Monday, November 3, 2008

Mobin at Deep Flow Studios

Weather was perfect, temperature was just right, good turn-out with Emcees. Pitts, Amotion, Hot, and about fifteen other people stood around waiting as the equipment was set-up for what was expected to be a hot Mobe. But after I got everything laced up two problems shut things down. That morning I had been running a printer and burning DVD's and CD's using two laptops all from my Jeep's accessory power output ( I have an Optima battery) in preparation for the Session. I must have blown a fuse cause there was no power from the output. After that was fixed, I tried sending the audio from the mic pre-amp out put through my Jeep's head unit like I always do... but that was a no go. So we ended up freesylin' acapella, exchanged cards, CD's and daps and then rolled out.

Big ups to Amotion though for hosting the joint AND sticking around wayyyyyyy past her time for her next video shoot just to see me fuck-up. I loved it though... not inconveniencing her (big apology A!), the slip-up just helped me understand some things I'd been sayin to myself all that day. Problems have been solved and the next Session is sure to be a banger. Stay peepin!

So, we expect to continue showin love to South B'mo and will be Mobin soon hopefully before the weather goes zero.
Make sure you listen to our free CD from the links below. It was recorded on the corner of Park Heights and Cold Spring Ave. in Baltimore, MD with Shaka Pitts aka Spitts Mcan as facilitator and Hot Spitta of Infinitee Green.

No comments: